What kind of job is this?

  1. Hi everybody. I recieved a job offer a while back but I could not take it because I was already working full time hours and could not work as many hours as they needed in addition to my current position. Well now I would be able to accept a position like this but I have no idea what the job is called. They wanted me to go to different facilities throughout the week, going through patient charts. I don't remember what it was I would have been looking for in these charts but I do remember thinking this would have been a great opportunity for me as I enjoy the paperwork aspect of nursing. Is anyone familiar with a position like this?
    Last edit by Joe V on Sep 26, '12
  2. Visit Jillybean48 profile page

    About Jillybean48

    Joined: Sep '12; Posts: 91; Likes: 165
    LPN; from US
    Specialty: 16 year(s) of experience in Med/Surg, Peds, Geriatrics, Home Health


  3. by   loriangel14
    It maybe something like an auditor or something. I know they do that in my province ( I live in Ontario) and it has to do with funding for LTC facilites from the government.
  4. by   1pinknurse
    Loriangel 14 is correct. You would be an Auditor.
  5. by   Jillybean48
    I do believe that is it, just couldn't think if it. Thank you so much.
  6. by   nancynurse12
    Auditing charts. It is what I did on a travel assignment.
  7. by   debbielaliberte
    probably for an insurance company.
  8. by   Jillybean48
    Thank you :-)
  9. by   paradiseboundRN
    MedAssurance is a big company that does that kind of work.
  10. by   SHGR
    It might also be called Utilization Review or Quality Assurance.