lentigo senilus

Students General Students


My blue print for my test on Monday has this term "lentigo senilus". I cannot find it anywhere in my material. (It is probably in the 2 hour video that I didn't watch.) I searched the internet and it came up with "Did you mean 'lentigo senilis'?" Do you know what this is? Can someone explain? TIA ~twintoo


612 Posts

The spelling lentigo senilis is correct - they are more commonly referred to as liver spots or age spots. My medical dictionary defines it as "a benign, discrete, hyperpigmented macule occurring on chronically sun exposed skin in adults, especially on the back of the hands and on the forehead." Hope this helps you out.


77 Posts

Thanks a bunch!! :) Our teachers mark our whole answers incorrect for misspelling. I should tell them about this! LOL ~twintoo

This topic is now closed to further replies.

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X