visa to America

  1. My brother-in-law worked as a Rn in a New York hospital since June 1th, 2006. He has gotten his EAD. He was waiting for I-140 and I-485 approved by USCIS. His wife is now in his motherland. Question: Can his wife be given a visa to go to America? What kind of visa can she get?
    Thank you very much.
  2. Visit shangve profile page

    About shangve

    Joined: Mar '06; Posts: 78


  3. by   suzanne4
    If she was not included in the original petition for him, it will be two years for her to be processed to get a green card. This is why it is always so important to include immediate family members right from the beginning, even if they go over to the US later on. But if not initially in the application, they have to go thru separate processing.

    The only thing open right now is the tourist visa, and if she wiull qualify for that. It is not an automatic approval.