traveling from the USA

  1. I am a Registered Nurse from the US, working in labor and delivery, can anyone give me any information about getting a travel nurse position in Australia, it is my understanding you must be a midwife to work in labor and delivery like in the UK? Is it possible to become certified after providing proof of working in L&D? Any information or resources would be appreciated, thanks so much, SHelley
  2. Visit OBNurseShelley profile page

    About OBNurseShelley

    Joined: Oct '02; Posts: 248; Likes: 17
    L&D RN


  3. by   Grace Oz
    You indeed do need to be a certified midwife in
    order to be able to work in labour & delivery here in Aust. Your best bet is to contact the state nurses registration board in the state you wish to
    practise. Each state has it's own board & varies accordingly.
    In Australia we have nursing agencies in each state & you apply to one of those for employment if you wish to work casually & in various facilities. Another option is to work casually
    for one facility on their "bank" ( relief) staff.
    Otherwise, apply for full-time work in one facility if you need/want permanent work.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Cheers & good luck.