Nursing in the UK

  1. I'm going to be graduating from vocational nursing school and was hoping to relocate to London after taking the board, my question is, would a license from claifornia be valid in England!!!!(i must use that, the question mark symbol doesn't work on my keyboard)

  2. Visit talulah profile page

    About talulah

    Joined: Oct '05; Posts: 1
    Nurses assistant


  3. by   suzanne4
    Unfortunately, no. They no longer have what they call "Enrolled Nurses" which is essentially the same thing as the LVN or the LPN.

    You will also have issues with immigration as far as getting a visa that will permit you to work. With an RN, ti will take at least one year or so to get everyhting accomplished to work there, even longer usually.

    Nuring exams must be written for each country that you wish to work in and in their language, unless you are a resident (citizen) of the EU and then can work in any of the other countries. But as a US citizen, you need to take the exam, and there is no longer an exam for the EN in the UK.