Need Your Expert Advise Pls.

  1. Hi,
    My papers now is in NVC and in my original petition my two stepchildren 15 and 14 yrs old currently in the Phil., their names was written in application forms but they are not included in my original petition.As what my agency told me that my petition was already approved,now we are planning to include them(stepchildren) in my present petition and if they could come with us going to US.What should I do?I need your good advise ethier they will fly from Phil or they will go here first in UK as long as my current application will not affected.Which is the best possible way to be with us.
    Thank you and hoping for your good advise.
  2. Visit NOYNOY profile page

    About NOYNOY

    Joined: Apr '07; Posts: 5


  3. by   suzanne4
    You need to consult with the attorney that handled your petitioning. And original petition and current petition? What do you mean by that?

    They were either on the DS-230 or they were not. That is the one that they needed to be on.

    Definitely speak to the attorney, do not go by what the agency is telling you at anytime. Too many mistakes happen over this.
  4. by   NOYNOY
    Hi Suzanne,
    Thanks for your advise.What I mean is they are not included in DS-230(petition) which was already approved.I cannot go with the private Atty.
    because I am with the agency.Im hoping for your good advise with your experience and knowledge about this things.
  5. by   suzanne4
    If they were not included in the DS-230, then they will not get a visa when you finally get yours. It will be two years before they will be able to join you.
    You do not have another petition, yours was already approved, there is no other way to do anything at this point. The only ones that get added are new born babies that were born after the petition was submitted.

    Not sure what you mean by new petition and that they were not included in the previous petition. Was your husband on your petition? If he was, then there is no way to add the children, they will not be able to be petitioned until you are in the US and have a green card to start the process. And it takes minimum of two years.

    Still recommend that you speak to the attorney that handled your filing. You are able to do that. They will know the specifics of your case the best.

Must Read Topics