application to NY BON

  1. My sister apply an application to NY BON, she has a nurse license in China.Shoud she write Form 3?
    I find in Form 1 item 18 said:
    Do you now hold, or have you ever held, a license or certificate to practice any profession* in any jurisdiction?
    �� Yes �� No
    If yes, list each license/certificate, state or jurisdiction and provide appropriate information in the columns below. A Form 3 must be submitted for
    each professional license/certificate listed unless it is a license/certificate issued by the New York State Education Department. See the
    Applicant Instructions on Form 3 for specific information about completing and submitting the form.
    *Profession is defined as professional titles licensed under New York State Education Law.
  2. Visit shangve profile page

    About shangve

    Joined: Mar '06; Posts: 78


  3. by   suzanne4
    If she is a foreign-trained nurse, she must complete only the Form 1, as the CVS will take care of the rest. Do not submit anything else than that one form, per the instructions from NY licensing board.

    Form 3 is only for US-trained nurses.

    Requirements to work in NY for foreign trained nurses:
    1. Form 1 of NY application for the RN license.
    2. CVS from CGFNS
    3. Visa Screen Certificate

    The only three documents that are needed.