I want to travel/work in Scotland, any suggestions?


i apologise if anyone has a thread relating to this topic already.

i am a second year registered nurse from australia and i want to travel to great brittain (preferably scotland) for a few months and work. i have never travelled before so i'm not really certain what sort of steps i need to take to organise registration in a foreign country, and whether i should go through an agency or not?

my other problem is that i hurt my back last year while working and so i now do nights only - to relieve the strain, and i can't always work full time.

with this in mind i'm not certain if i would be able to manage to find work in a hospital.

if anyone has any information to help me out i would really appreciate it because i don't really have any idea where to start.


493 Posts

Specializes in Multiple.

Hi synkitty

If you go and look at the 'sticky threads' here, you will see a lot of information to help you. It isn't as easy as just coming here and working sadly. You will need to go through the Nursing and Midwifery Council http://www.nmc-uk.org/aSection.aspx?SectionID=17 and look at the overseas section to get your experience recognised etc.

To look for jobs try www.jobs.nhs.uk and search for Scotland to see if there are any jobs that interest you.

Good luck!

hi try this website (show) scottish health on the web. www.show.scot.nhs.uk

This topic is now closed to further replies.