Jump to content

How long does the process for endorsement in New York?

talatte talatte (New) New Nurse

How long does it normally take for licenses to get endorsed in NY state?

OncologyCat, BSN, RN

Specializes in Medical Hematology/Oncology/Stem Cell Transplant.

I’m sure it varies case by case, but I’m curious as well. I’m toying with the idea of relocating to NYC, and the recruiter told me while waiting for the unit to reply to my application, just endorse my license to NY to accelerate the process. I don’t want to waste money if I don’t get the job, but what if I get the job and my lack of NY RN license will hold my job offer or start date back 😂

7 minutes ago, OncologyCat said:

I’m sure it varies case by case, but I’m curious as well. I’m toying with the idea of relocating to NYC, and the recruiter told me while waiting for the unit to reply to my application, just endorse my license to NY to accelerate the process. I don’t want to waste money if I don’t get the job, but what if I get the job and my lack of NY RN license will hold my job offer or start date back 😂

So I actually was offered a job and didn't have my license yet. But I did start my process as soon as I got the interview because they told me they don't usually like to hire without it (thank god they hired me). I got my license 7 weeks after I applied, thankfully. Good luck to you!

OncologyCat, BSN, RN

Specializes in Medical Hematology/Oncology/Stem Cell Transplant.

2 hours ago, talatte said:

So I actually was offered a job and didn't have my license yet. But I did start my process as soon as I got the interview because they told me they don't usually like to hire without it (thank god they hired me). I got my license 7 weeks after I applied, thankfully. Good luck to you!

Thank you so much! Which state did you endorse your license from, if you don’t mind me asking?

31 minutes ago, OncologyCat said:

Thank you so much! Which state did you endorse your license from, if you don’t mind me asking?

NJ 😊

×

By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.

OK