How do I get an AZ license

U.S.A. Arizona


Hi, I live in IL and I want to work in AZ as well. Do I apply for an AZ endorsement? I do not want to transfer my license because I am not moving to AZ. I just want to travel and work there. 

Editorial Team / Admin

Rose_Queen, BSN, MSN, RN

6 Articles; 11,593 Posts

Specializes in OR, Nursing Professional Development.

There isn't really a "transfer" of a license anywhere; the only processes are either licensure by examination (which is only done once ever) or licensure by endorsement. Applying for a license by endorsement in another state does not cause the original license to become null and void- you would simply have a license for each state. The only way that may change is if IL passes their pending compact licensure legislation. Then, once enacted, IL licenses would be able to become compact licenses accepted in all NLC states. Which comes with a lot of other intricacies, but they aren't relevant yet.

+ Add a Comment

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X