Jump to content

Help! Help! Help!

sedwards sedwards (New) New

Hello, I am trying to find out if Alabama nursing homes/health facilities/special care facilities, etc. care for a patient fitting this description:

26-year old female, quadripeligic. Her spine is crushed, requiring her to be on a ventilator for 4 hours each day (while she is sleeping).

Assuming her insurance/funding is taken care of, are Alabama facilities licensed to assist a patient of this nature?

I have been told there are no Alabama facilities that can/will take ventilator patients and I am trying to confirm this and find out more details.

If this is the case, where does the patient go?

Thanks very much for any basic information you all can provide.


Specializes in home health. Has 7 years experience.

Is this a hypothetical situation?

If not, where is this woman now? Is there a social worker involved? One of the functions o social workers is to help with placement

I can't imagine that therei sn't one facilty in Alabama that don't accept pts like this.

This topic is now closed to further replies.