Getting a second state license


I apologize in advanced if this has been answered before!

I have a nursing license in Florida since 2013. I know Florida is not a compact state. There is a possibility my family might have to make a move to Tennessee and I was wondering what steps I would have to take? Would I just have to apply for an endorsement license? I'm really not sure!

Any help/information is appreciated in advance!

Editorial Team / Admin

Silverdragon102, BSN

1 Article; 39,477 Posts

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 35 years experience.

Yes you will just apply to endorse and meet any requirements