RE: interested in relocating to CA, help

  1. Hi all,
    Im scheduled to graduate from an accredited Nursing school in Arizona in November. I am interested in relocating to California when Im done with school. Does anyone have any idea what if I need to take the NCLEX in California or what I need to do to make this a reality? I have looked on the Califoria Board of Nursing site, unfortunatley it only addresses relocating from another state if you are already an RN.
    Any insight you can give would be great!!
  2. Visit sm9911 profile page

    About sm9911

    Joined: Mar '07; Posts: 1


  3. by   Daytonite
    i think that you were probably looking in the wrong place on the california bon website. lots of california residents go to nursing schools outside our state and then come back home after graduation and take their nclex here. the thing is that you have to take care of the application yourself. usually your school of nursing handles most of the application process for you. since you won't be taking the nclex with your fellow students in arizona, you'll be doing the legwork on your california application yourself, so follow all the directions carefully. here's a link to the california bon on how to do that:

    california has an interim permitee status. this means that once you apply to take the nclex and if you ask for interim permitee status, you will be able to work as a graduate rn in california before you take the nclex. so, you probably want to get your rear end here so you can start working while waiting to take your nclex!

    good luck!