new nursing program

  1. I don't know if you all remember or not, but I have planning on transferring to another school for my nursing program after I finish my prerequisite classes. Well, the school I attend now is talking about starting a new nursing program. It will either begin this Fall or next Spring. I am going to an information meeting tonight to find out more. I so hope I can stay at this school. For one thing, it takes about 10 minutes to get to school now. If I transfer it will be at least 45 minutes, more on days with lots of fog. For another thing, the campus I go to now was just built last year. Everything is so new and nice. The labs have all brand new computers and lab areas. I went to the other school for an information meeting and it was a lot older and more run down. I will go there if I can't get accepted here, but I hope I don't have to. Also with the admission deadlines, the earliest I can go to the other school would be next Spring, but if I get accepted at my school then I may be able to start the RN program this Fall. Keep your fingers crossed for me and wish me luck. I will let you all know what happens.
  2. Visit kats profile page

    About kats

    Joined: Jan '02; Posts: 340; Likes: 4


  3. by   TeresaRN2b
    Good luck Kimberly! I got my fingers crossed for you.
  4. by   kats
    Congratulations on your new baby! Do you know if it is a boy or girl? Wow! We just have 2 kids. I can't imagagine having 5. You definately have your hands full. Good for you that you are going to school too.
  5. by   kats
    Well, it isn't looking too hopeful. The program would actually be out of Bakersfield, not the college I currently attend. I would go to classes at this location, but the degree would come from there. That wouldn't even bother me so much, but there was over 50 people that showed up for the meeting and there will only be at most 10 spots. Plus, all the classes would be on one day and then the clinicals would all be on the weekends. With the other school I am applying to, classes and clinicals would be Monday through Thursday. I would like to have the weekends off if I could. I will still apply to both as well as another one I just found out about that is a bit further but still not too bad. I just know how hard it is to get in and I want to get in somewhere. Oh, well, I will just have to wait and see what happens. Oh, by the way, they aren't even making a decision about whether they start the program this next fall until June. Then they won't have another new class until the next fall. Nice, huh? I will let you all know what happens and where I end up.