I have a 15 yr old patient with DKA. For the life of me, I cannot figure out a nursing dx for her. My book lists a couple, but they refer mainly to new dx's of DM, which this is not. My care plan book has:
Body temperature alteration, risk for related to decreased sensitivity of thermoreceptors.
Fluid volume deficit related to active loss.
Thought process alteration related to physiologic causes.
Fluid volume is a good one since she also has dehydration, but am I wrong in thinking I need to be looking for something that deals with blood sugars?
Please help! I think my brain is fried beyond belief and I can't think straight!
Mar 22, '05
Here are a few
1. F&E imbalance r/t nausea/vomiting and osmotic diuresis
2. Altered nutrition, less than body needs, r/t metabolic disease process
3. Ineffective therapeutic regimen management, r/t improper management of Diabetes Mellitus
4. Knowledge deficit, r/t complications of DM
5. Risk for falls r/t to orthostatic hypotention
6 Risk for injury r/t to diabetic neuropathy
7. Ineffective tissue perfusion r/t reduced oxygenation
8. Reduced cardiac output r/t to dyspnea
9. Skin turgor, alterations in elasticity r/t fluid volume deficit
10. Anxiety/Fear r/t progress of disease process