EKG Strips Made Easy
How to decipher EKGs? This is something that nursing students will need to know and here are some hot tips.
Hey everyone making a series to easily master EKG strips for all those trying to learn how to read them.
Part 1 The Basics
1. Know the normal interval values.
2. Be aware of the measurement of your paper - always use a 6-second strip
3. Look at the rate - norms between 60-80 bpm
4. Whats the rhythm? Measure the R to R interval
Part 2 Atrial Fibrillation vs Atrial Flutter
Afib versus Aflutter
1. Do I have a P-wave? Nope
2. Is my R to R interval regular or irregular? Irregular in both cases
3. Afib is ugly sister where there is irregularity between the R to R intervals
4. Whats the rate? Can be varied anywhere from <60 to >120
I will continue adding videos to this series to help you guys master your EKG strips.Last edit by Joe V on Jun 14, '18