I'm new to allnurses.com and need some help. I have been working as an Certified Medical Assistant for about 10 years now and done everything from hospital work as a CNA to my now long term position in a busy OB/GYN Practice. I have had my pre-requisites done for Truckee Meadows Community College now for 2 years, but they keep changing their acceptance policies, pre-requisites and don't allow you to take classes like nurition or pharmacology without acceptance into the RN program, I am out of classes to take and have yet to get accpeted. Also TMCC has NO flexibility in their classes. Once you are accepted to their program you attend school M-Th 0800-1700 meaning a working mother can't go to school and hold a full-time job and be a mom. Soooooo............. I have decided to use my inheritance and a few small student loans to attend Apollo College of Nursing.
Now, I have heard some good and some bad things about Apollo and would appreciate any 1st hand experience
any of you are willing to share. If anyone can type an example of their typical day at Apollo I would REALLY appreciate that. I 've talked with a few people at Apollo and all of them tell me that I have to wait until my information session before I can find out the answers to my VERY important questions.
1. How long does it take to graduate once you finish all the pre-requisites?
2. Do they accept transfer credits?
3. What are the pre-requisites?
4. Is there any financial aid other than student loans, grants, scholarships
5. Since I have most of my pre-requisites done can I start 2nd semester and enter all nursing classes?
6. Can I jump ahead and take more classes etc.?
7. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT.........What are the class hours, clinical hours etc. Can I continue to work in a private medical practice even if on a part-time basis ex. do they have night classes?
I love my current job and really love working for the physician that I work with and don't want to quit my job if I can avoid it. Because I work for a practice and our schedule books out months in advance I want to get our office schedule arranged around my class schedule ASAP. Any help is REALLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!
Anxiously Awaiting Responses,