I am really trying to get this done tonight.. I have clinicals at 5 am in the morning and I have been working on this for two days. (1st one)UGGHh Can anyone help.... I need one more interdependant action for a care plan on acute pain RTimpaired tissue integ. Secondaryt to decranon fracture. This is what i have so far:
4. Administer the following medications as ordered:
- Morphine sulfate- 2-4mg PRN every 2 hrs
- Oxycodone- 5-10mg PRN every 4 hrs.
- Acetaminophen- 650mg PRN every 4hrs.
5. Consult physician about an order for patient-controlled analgesia (PCA)
4. Pain medications are a lot more effective if given before pain becomes severe because mild or moderate pain is controlled more quickly and effectively than severe pain.
- Opioid analgesics act mainly by altering the client's perception of pain and emotional response to the pain experience
- Nonopioid analegesics are thought to interfere with the transmission of pain impules by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis.
5. The use of PCA allows the client to self-administer analgesics within the parameters established by the
physician. This method facilitates pain management by ensuring prompt administration of the drug when needed, providing more continuous pain relief, and increasing the client's control over pain.
THANK THANK THANK YOU!!