1. Arrive early to your interview.
2. Dress professionally. There's debate about whether or not to wear scrubs
, but IMHO, business attire looks more professional for an interview. Somehow, winnie-the-pooh scrub tops just don't scream, "I'm serious- hire me". Be very modest in dress- no short skirts, no tight-fitting tops. Button your shirt up- (guys and girls). Shorts and sandals- definite no-no.
3. No perfume/cologne.
4. No heavy makeup. I live in a relatively conservative area, our policy is no visible tattoos or body piercings. To be safe, if you have any of those, cover 'em up. Small earings- no dangling chandeliers.
5. Guys- definitely a tie.
6. Send a thank-you note after your interview, thanking them for taking the time to meet with you.
7. Don't be afraid to take a moment to think before you rattle off an answer to their question. If you really can't think of something, ask to come back to it later.
8. If there is more than one interviewer- make eye contact with everyone.