Filing taxes: do you report your stipend?

by travelingkat85 travelingkat85 (New) New Nurse

Specializes in periop. Has 15 years experience.


Just as the title says, how does it work when you have to file taxes? Do you have to report it, even though its "tax -free"? Not asking for tax advice, just the actual name of the form that you receive (I.e. 1099-MISC?) . It's my first time as a traveler, and I'm not sure how to go about it.



No form will arrive. It is up to you to report it as income on your 1040 if you were not working away  from your tax home as you stated on your agency housing questionnaire.