Jump to content

Chamberlain University Sacramento 2020-2021

Posted

Has anyone applied for and/or was accepted into the Chamberlain Sacramento campus? I applied for Jan 2021 but I only have a ~3.5-3.6 GPA and a passion statement (HESI was waived due to COVID-19). What are your stats and any tips or advice? I am waiting to hear back from the admissions committee so I’m going to have my fingers and toes crossed!

Edited by Joanne Liang

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking they're only going to accept the highest gpas due to the lack of HESI 😞

RaneetKaur

Has 2 years experience.

Hey love! I'm in the same boat as you well. I applied for January 2021 and my stats are the same. I was told my file will go under evaluation on July 20th and that I will find out that week! Were you told when your file will be presented to the committee?

Good luck to you 🙂

Edited by RaneetKaur

Thank you so much for replying! Good luck and I hope you get in! And no not yet, the advisors told me that I will be emailed when they know which date my file will be reviewed but I haven’t received an email of the date yet. Hopefully it will be soon! 😊

3 hours ago, RaneetKaur said:

Hey love! I'm in the same boat as you well. I applied for January 2021 and my stats are the same. I was told my file will go under evaluation on July 20th and that I will find out that week! Were you told when your file will be presented to the committee?

Good luck to you 🙂

I'm also in the same boat and they told me the committee meeting is Monday

RaneetKaur

Has 2 years experience.

57 minutes ago, Knursinghopeful2020 said:

I'm also in the same boat and they told me the committee meeting is Monday

oh really? so were you told you'll be hearing your decision next week or?

1 hour ago, Joanne Liang said:

Thank you so much for replying! Good luck and I hope you get in! And no not yet, the advisors told me that I will be emailed when they know which date my file will be reviewed but I haven’t received an email of the date yet. Hopefully it will be soon! 😊

you honestly have to pester them a little bit and keep calling until they give you a date. it took them 2 weeks after I had submitted everything they told me when exactly I would be reviewed. good luck to you to and keep us updated!! 🙂

They didn't say but they're supposed to contact you within a week after the committee meeting youre submitted into

1 hour ago, RaneetKaur said:

oh really? so were you told you'll be hearing your decision next week or?

you honestly have to pester them a little bit and keep calling until they give you a date. it took them 2 weeks after I had submitted everything they told me when exactly I would be reviewed. good luck to you to and keep us updated!! 🙂

Oh okay I will try pestering them! I just sent them an email asking when it’ll be. Thank you so much! 🙂

1 hour ago, RaneetKaur said:

oh really? so were you told you'll be hearing your decision next week or?

you honestly have to pester them a little bit and keep calling until they give you a date. it took them 2 weeks after I had submitted everything they told me when exactly I would be reviewed. good luck to you to and keep us updated!! 🙂

Oh okay I will try pestering them! I just sent them an email asking when it’ll be. Thank you so much! 🙂

Update: They said they’ll be reviewing mine on July 20th!

Has anyone heard back yet? The meeting was today so I am super duper nervous 😞

RaneetKaur

Has 2 years experience.

No I wish 😞 I've been thinking about it all day too. I wonder in what order they are going to call us!!

I am just very scared that my GPA is not competitive enough.. but I am very hopeful that we will all get accepted! Hang in there!

RaneetKaur

Has 2 years experience.

Just now, Joanne Liang said:

I am just very scared that my GPA is not competitive enough.. but I am very hopeful that we will all get accepted! Hang in there!

I'm praying for the both of us!! I'll make sure to update you on here. what was your GPA? do you have any pre reqs finished

I am so sorry I do not know how to reply to your topic LOL

but I have a ~3.5 GPA and I finished all the pre-reqs at CSUS and CRC and got B's in them. Since this campus is very impacted, I do not think I will make the cut due to my GPA and grades 😞

RaneetKaur

Has 2 years experience.

7 minutes ago, Joanne Liang said:

I am so sorry I do not know how to reply to your topic LOL

but I have a ~3.5 GPA and I finished all the pre-reqs at CSUS and CRC and got B's in them. Since this campus is very impacted, I do not think I will make the cut due to my GPA and grades 😞

Edited by RaneetKaur

1 minute ago, RaneetKaur said:

haha you just click quote! but mine is around there too! it's around a 3.6 and I finished 90% of mine but I'm nervous too 😞 I 've seen some people get in with as low as a 3.2 but then some with a 3.8 got rejected. I think the personal statement makes a big difference!

Thank you so much!! and ooh that is a very good GPA! As long as we poured our hearts in the passion statement, I think we will be fine! I had some bad grades during the beginning of my high school years and I forgot to explain why in my passion statement so I lowkey screwed up on that part haha. I hope they do not look too much into my high school transcript

RaneetKaur

Has 2 years experience.

1 minute ago, Joanne Liang said:

Thank you so much!! and ooh that is a very good GPA! As long as we poured our hearts in the passion statement, I think we will be fine! I had some bad grades during the beginning of my high school years and I forgot to explain why in my passion statement so I lowkey screwed up on that part haha. I hope they do not look too much into my high school transcript

yes fingers crossed! are you from the sac area? I think they'll look more into the last school you attended and the majority of the classes you took there! if anything, it'll show your growth as a student because my high school transcript isn't all that great either 😞 but I did so good in my college classes!

1 minute ago, RaneetKaur said:

yes fingers crossed! are you from the sac area? I think they'll look more into the last school you attended and the majority of the classes you took there! if anything, it'll show your growth as a student because my high school transcript isn't all that great either 😞 but I did so good in my college classes!

Yes I am! I took 90% of my classes at CSUS and I got mostly A's and B's, so I hope it will be good enough! And I know that you definitely had growth and improved during your high school vs college transcript so that is promising! I am rooting for you! 😄 Are you from the Sac area too?