In State Tuition

  1. Hello everybody. I've really enjoyed reading this site the last few months and decided to join. My CRNA program starts in August (2004). I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for in state tuition. I've already moved across the country and started a local RN job. I spent the day at the DMV, so my car is registered and I have a new driver's license. Any more ideas or experiences? Thanks.
  2. Visit BikeGurl profile page

    About BikeGurl

    Joined: Mar '04; Posts: 24


  3. by   TraumaNurse
    I think it is state dependent. When I applied for instate status in NJ, I just had to prove that I moved here permanently and not just to go to school. I had to provide my drivers license, car registration and copy of deed on my house. There was something else to show if you do not own a house, but I can't remember what it was. By showing providing this info, I am getting instate without having lived here for a year. Good luck.
  4. by   duckboy20
    Where are you in school at?
  5. by   Businessman
    You have to read that state's residency requirement. If I'm not mistaken, all states require at least one year of residency before the start of the program...
    Good luck
  6. by   TraumaNurse
    You are correct that you need to contact the state about residency status, but more importantly, you should speak with the school you are attending. Residency for tuition purposes is different than residency established within the state (again this is may vary from state to state). When I moved to NJ last summer I was told I had to be here for 1 year to have residency status, but when I checked with the school, for educational purposes, all I had to do was prove that I moved here permanently and not just for school. I provided the documents I listed above and am now getting instate tuition for CRNA school.
    Also, many states do not offer instate tuition for graduate school and charge the same amount to everyone so length of time living in the state is irrelevant.

Must Read Topics