Canadian nurse moved back to NY state.

by Chelseaannb Chelseaannb Member Nurse

Specializes in Internal Medicine. Has 11 years experience.

Hi there! So I’m originally from NY state, moved to Canada at 17 and now 17 years later I’ve moved back. So immigration isn’t an issue for me as I require no visa. I’ve been a nurse in Canada for the last 11 years and want to transfer my license to start working asap. Thing is the board is telling me it’s taking up to one year an international education to be evaluated?! I don’t have that time to wait. Are there no other options? 


hypnotizer90, BSN, LPN, RN

Specializes in Medical - Surgical/ General Surgery/ICU. Has 6 years experience. 344 Posts

Hi. If you're open to out of State bordering NY while waiting for your license. Tons of applicants are applying to NY and it looks like it's a waiting game. 



Specializes in Internal Medicine. Has 11 years experience. 27 Posts

meaning actually working out of state? I would if I had to, but I have two littles. LOL