Jump to content

Can I just take the state test


i have a associated of science degree in medical assistance i also have a register meciation aide license and a personal care assistants certificate. i have also completed the national register emergency meidcal technicians course almost licensed. i want to get my cna but i don't wanna go back to school dont have the time. can i just take the test since i got enough training to do it. i live in virginia.

TheCommuter, BSN, RN

Specializes in Case mgmt., rehab, (CRRN), LTC & psych. Has 15 years experience.

Medical assistant (MA) training is part of the medical model of care provision, and so is emergency medical technician (EMT) training.

On the other hand, nursing assistant training (CNA) is part of the nursing model of care provision. Although your previous occupational training programs are respectable, you will still need to complete a program to become a CNA.

Do they teach how to do range of motion exercises, how to ambulate using a gait belt, how to clean dentures, or do oral care, etc in m.a or p.c.a school?