can a canadian of non-RN write a license exam after finish excelsior ADN ??????



i need help?

can i allow to write a nclex and get a license in newyork state in USA after i finish ADN in excelsior college

i am canadian ( immigrate to canada from china, i graduated from a medical school in china)

i am going to apply ADN program in excelsior college.

i worked in chicago before and has social security card (but i don't have a green card)



The short answer is "yes". The more important question is why would you want to do this? As a physician, getting a "green card" is almost a sure thing and you are virtually guaranteed to find employment. Work permits for nurses are much tougher and the job situation in most parts of the US is quite bleak - especially so for ADNs. Not to mention the pay disparity between an MD and RN.

As I'm sure you know, foreign med school graduates (FMG's) from IMED-recognized schools can apply for Educational Certification for FMGs here in the US. This would lead to a residency and finally recognition and a license to practice. This is a tough process but no more so than going through the process to get an ADN and become an RN. I don't know what the process for FMGs is in Canada but I believe that you are exempt from the ECFMG process once you are licensed there (this is the case for Canadian medical school graduates anyway). Also keep in mind that there is an increasing trend in the US to make the BSN the minimum nursing credential. Depending on the geographic area of the US, you may find it difficult to find employment without the BSN.

Good luck with whatever you choose.


4 Posts

Thank you so much

Today match for residency is the toughest thing in the world.

Get an RN license as soon as possible

Then continue my study when do healthcare job