Jump to content

Best NP Review Course

NP Students   (921 Views | 6 Replies)
by Tina M. Tina M. (New) New Nurse Student

Tina M. specializes in Primary Care.

68 Profile Views; 1 Post

Which review course for NP boards is best? I just finished Adult-Gero Primary Care NP program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LadyT618 has 15 years experience as a MSN, APRN, NP and specializes in Home Health, Primary Care.

1 Follower; 626 Posts; 6,674 Profile Views

I felt that Amelie Hollier's review course was best for me. I purchased Barkley's own as well (on CDs) but I believe I could have done without Barkley's. I sat for the AANP AGPCNP board exam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cyram81RN has 10 years experience as a ADN, BSN and specializes in OB/Gyn, FP, Peds, Public Health.

229 Posts; 4,846 Profile Views

On 5/26/2020 at 11:18 PM, LadyT618 said:

I felt that Amelie Hollier's review course was best for me. I purchased Barkley's own as well (on CDs) but I believe I could have done without Barkley's. I sat for the AANP AGPCNP board exam.

How much time in advance would you recommend to prep for the NP exam with Amelie Hollier's review?  I wanna see if there is something I can purchased to do some case studies along the way before the time creeps up on me.  I like to prepare a few months in advanced since I have test anxiety and I need to time myself for each question like I did with NCLEX 9 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LadyT618 has 15 years experience as a MSN, APRN, NP and specializes in Home Health, Primary Care.

1 Follower; 626 Posts; 6,674 Profile Views

30 minutes ago, cyram81RN said:

How much time in advance would you recommend to prep for the NP exam with Amelie Hollier's review?  I wanna see if there is something I can purchased to do some case studies along the way before the time creeps up on me.  I like to prepare a few months in advanced since I have test anxiety and I need to time myself for each question like I did with NCLEX 9 years ago.

I started preparing 3 semesters prior to graduation (in the Spring semester) when I started clinicals, with Leik's app (tied to her book). I got Hollier's review course and MyQBank in the Summer. I started in the bank in the Summer and didn't watch her review course til the Fall (my last semester). I also listened to Barkley's CDs in the Fall as well. I just constantly did questions throughout those 3 semesters. The sooner you start, the better, in my opinion anyway 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cyram81RN has 10 years experience as a ADN, BSN and specializes in OB/Gyn, FP, Peds, Public Health.

229 Posts; 4,846 Profile Views

6 hours ago, LadyT618 said:

I started preparing 3 semesters prior to graduation (in the Spring semester) when I started clinicals, with Leik's app (tied to her book). I got Hollier's review course and MyQBank in the Summer. I started in the bank in the Summer and didn't watch her review course til the Fall (my last semester). I also listened to Barkley's CDs in the Fall as well. I just constantly did questions throughout those 3 semesters. The sooner you start, the better, in my opinion anyway 😊

Thank you!! Yes, I remember doing about 12K questions for 3 months before the NCLEX and it was my 2nd go around and passed with 75 questions.  So I didn't know how this would be for this type of licensure exam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LadyT618 has 15 years experience as a MSN, APRN, NP and specializes in Home Health, Primary Care.

1 Follower; 626 Posts; 6,674 Profile Views

4 hours ago, cyram81RN said:

Thank you!! Yes, I remember doing about 12K questions for 3 months before the NCLEX and it was my 2nd go around and passed with 75 questions.  So I didn't know how this would be for this type of licensure exam.

OMG!! God Bless ya!! I think back when I took the NCLEX (2005), they recommended doing 2000 questions and I barely got to about 1000 and I got tired and just went ahead and took it. Passed the first time PRAISE GOD. I couldn't imagine doing 12K questions. I did about 1500 questions for the NP boards. I tried to get to 2000, but just couldn't LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cyram81RN has 10 years experience as a ADN, BSN and specializes in OB/Gyn, FP, Peds, Public Health.

229 Posts; 4,846 Profile Views

On 5/30/2020 at 9:21 PM, LadyT618 said:

OMG!! God Bless ya!! I think back when I took the NCLEX (2005), they recommended doing 2000 questions and I barely got to about 1000 and I got tired and just went ahead and took it. Passed the first time PRAISE GOD. I couldn't imagine doing 12K questions. I did about 1500 questions for the NP boards. I tried to get to 2000, but just couldn't LOL

I'm aiming for about 4K questions if I can, but that's hoping because that would be the time my kids' extracurricular activities would be ramping up. =\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.