Associate Degree Nursing vs. 30 Unit Option-CA


Does anyone know what the difference is between the two options. I know that the 30 unit option is a certificate & not a degree, but can you take the other classes after you get your RN and get your degree later? Would you be able to get your license in another state under the 30 unit option if you decided to move somewhere down the line? What is the purpose of the 30 unit option if the answer to both of these questions is no? When did this option start or was it always around?

suzanne4, RN

26,410 Posts

Unfortunately, you cannot endorse to another state with the 30 unit option. It is only good in California. It has been around for quite some time, but it isn't recommended. Even if someone says that they are never going to leave CA, there is always a chance that something will happen down the road.

I would not recommend it for anyone.............

This topic is now closed to further replies.