Past DUI? - page 2
Does anyone know if having a DUI in the past will make getting an RN or a job in the health care field impossible or difficult? One hears rumors, but I'm looking for information on any barriers... Read More
Aug 26, '07Joined: Aug '07; Posts: 1I am currently working at an RN and i just got A DWI it should soon be dropped to a DUI but i'm concerned about what will happen when i have to renew my liscense will they take my lisecense away?? I dont know if it is different for each state but does anyone know what new yorks policy for that is?
Aug 26, '07Occupation: MedLeg Consul/Educator/WHNP-FNP Specialty: 35 year(s) of experience in Education, FP, LNC, Forensics, ED, OB ; From: US ; Joined: Jun '05; Posts: 108,701; Likes: 28,209questions we seem to be encountering more and more often have to do with the effects of a criminal history on nursing licensure:
- is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a criminal history?
- is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a mip, dui, or other related charges?
- what happens if you are charged or convicted of a crime after licensure?
- can i go to nursing school and/or be licensed if my record has been sealed or expunged?
- will i be able to go to nursing school with a criminal record?
- what can happen if i receive a mip/dui/dwi or other charge while still in school?
please refer to this thread for other information:
nursing licensure with a criminal history