Jump to content

ANP from UK would like to practice in California / Arizona

by Khryniewicki Khryniewicki (New) New

Hiyah !

I am RGN adult nurse qualified in Poland 2009, then moved to UK and gain advanced nurse practitioner qualification in 2015 also independent prescribing, whole idea occur after spending recent holiday in US I am thinking of moving and practice in one of the states California or Arizona.

I was was just wondering if any one tried to make similar move if so, would you kindly advise me on each step that I would need to take in older to be able to practice in United States

also I need advised on my family wife and 4 yrs old boy? What kind of visas do I need? Do I need to look for the job or paper work first? Is it advisable to use nursing agency that deals with international nursing or do it by myself ? What are the options ?

Many thanks for for any response, it's greatly appreciated !



Silverdragon102, BSN

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 33 years experience.

Starting point would be getting nurse registration sorted, CA will not accept application without a US SSN and you will not get that until in the US with a valid work/immigrant visa. Once you have registration sorted then you look for employer willing to go the work or immigrant route. Most nurses go the EB3 route and usually family are included in same application but you may have to pay their fees whilst employer usually pays your fees

Dear silverdragon102, Thanks for your reply,

I am a bit confused, From what you saying appears that is impossible to do so in CA due to US SSN that only can be obtained while in US, I can not apply for EB3 then go to CA and start whole process... I was considering to perform all necessary activities e.g. doc / nursing reg / visa / employer ,while here in UK.

In that case what states would be suitable for NPs planning to immigrates... would you be able to expand that a bit more, please.



Silverdragon102, BSN

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 33 years experience.

You can not apply for EB3, you need a employer for that. You could look at AZ and sort registration but California will not look at your application without a US SSN