H1B help needed

  1. Hi I am done with my BSN-RN and passed boards..! I am looking for any hospitals who can sponsor H1B (either profit or non-profit h1b)? Or is there any alternative process for this like hiring a lawyer? Could some one please guide me, Thanks in advance.
  2. Visit nurseinusa profile page

    About nurseinusa

    Joined: Jun '13; Posts: 3; Likes: 1


  3. by   itsmejuli
    Did you read all of the threads regarding H1B?
  4. by   juan de la cruz
    The first step in any work-related temporary visa program such as H1B is an offer of employment. The employer is the "petitioner" who sponsors your H1B Visa if it's approved. Lawyers can assist you and the employer with the application process but could not petition or sponsor you.

    H1B Visas have requirements that a new RN graduate, even with a BSN, may not meet. The job offer must be a specialty role that only nurses with BSN or higher can fill. A general RN position such as a new grad position, if offered to a foreign nurse, does not meet this requirement.

  5. by   juan de la cruz
    Here's a FAQ from a well known US hospital regarding foreign nurses and employment. I think they did a good job explaining the different types of visas and the their stand in light of the current status of immigration in the US:

    Frequently Asked Questions