Wound Care Education for LPNRegister Today!
- by Lynx25 Aug 29, '11I'm wondering where to find wound care education in GA, or the surrounding states.
I work at a less than stellar long-term facility, that has just switched from having wound care nurses, to having each floor nurse do their own tx. The problem is, I've noticed an increase in # and severity of wounds, and some strange, innapropriate dressings, such as a regular gauze on large wound with a large amount of discharge to be changed q3d- resulting in a stinking, soggy dressing that's just hanging on by the corner.
At any rate, although I cannot become certified due to being an LPN, I'm desperately searching for a quality class for wound, ostomy, and incont care in the area. I live in ATL, I'm willing to travel quite a ways, depending on the length of classes, and I'm also willing to pay out of pocket.
I've asked the mgmnt here, and they keep refering me to a short online course they have, and I'm wanting something more in-depth
Any solutions from anyone out there?
- Sep 1, '11 by Lynx25I think you might be amazing.
I will call you tomorrow!
- Oct 19, '11 by Chrissy LouQuote from tfwilliams10I have had some great questions emailed to me since this last post. I invite all RN's, LPN's, and LVN's interested in wound care certification to email me at email@example.com and we can determine if this is right for you. Let me know what major cities you are nearby and I can find a course near you. I look forward to helping you gain your board certification in wound care!
EXCELLENT PROGRAM AND TRAINING!! I have had my certification for over 2 years now and love every minute of it!
- Oct 23, '11 by followyourblissHi ,
I am starting a wound care course tommorow :] I am a LPN working in LTC who has a goal of being a wound care nurse. I saw some crazy dressings and wounds while I did my preceptorship in Burns and Vascular Surgery and I was hooked!! Good luck to everyone, I am looking forward to this learning curve!
Follow Your Bliss
- Oct 26, '11 by followyourblissHi,
I am a LPN doing a Level 1 wound care course through a University here, the woman teaching the course is amazing!! There are 3 levels in this course, I have only just started Level 1 and my head is swimming with all the complexities :] THAT is what I love though!
I would love hearing about everyones course, and comparing notes.
Let's put those steri strips on probation! lol
Follow Your Bliss
- Sep 18, '12 by Patton1514Look at Emory at Atlanta...they have a wound care course. One is for RN's and up but the other is a 3 day course which gives you the material you need to pass the exam. Good Luck! I am going to take it. It's $1000.