US nurse wanting to work in FranceRegister Today!
- by JamieYRN Nov 1, '09Hello everyone!
I am a U.S. nurse in the process of getting her Nurse Practitioner degree.
Eventually, I want to work as a nurse practitioner in France, yet I have not heard of such positions.
How would I go about
a.) working as a RN in France?
b.) working as a nurse practitioner in France?
c.) the term of employment since I am a U.S. citizen?
- Nov 2, '09 by Silverdragon102I would suggest you do a search on France and you will see a few US nurses are having problems registering with France as a RN. You may also find it hard to get a work permit if not from the EU
- Nov 20, '09 by elodiecolinUnfortunately, there are no nurse practitioner in France. Only doctors are allowed to prescribe medications.
- Jan 17, '10 by mjosegaHello everyone!
I am new here and I would like to know if someone can help me. I am a RN, BSN, educated in USA but originally from Spain. I would like to comeback to Europa next year and work there as a nurse. I am debating between Barcelona, Spain (where I am from) or the South of France (since it is close to my city and family). But I am reading that some people are having problems getting jobs and working in France as nurses with American degrees. I know I do not have any problem to work because I belong to the European Union, but I would like to know if there is anything I can do about my RN degree. Definitely I am not going to go back to school again to get my RN.
Thank you in advance,
- Jan 19, '10 by RN-MPHEvery country has it's own board exam for nurses, like NCLEX in US, France has a board exam for RNs which you need to pass, then you have to apply for your work permit. I suppose you know how to read and write in french right? because the documentation is going to be in french and you're going to communicate with patients in french. I agree with elodiecolin you won't be able to prescribe any meds because MDs only have that privilege there.
- May 13, '10 by the fench-eHello,
Just wanted to post this address : http://www.infirmiers.com/votre-carr...en-france.html
You will find every answer to you questions on how to be a nurse in France. It sure seems to be quite hard when you are not from EU.