Info on HAAD exam please - page 2
by bella14 58,245 Views | 24 Comments
i still can't post a question. i'd like to know info regarding haad-rn exam requirements? i've spending almost whole day looking for the website regarding requirements for that exam but i was unsuccessful. the only website i... Read More
- 0Jan 5, '11 by medic8Quote from nezzyRNDoes it really have to be in MS? What if the experience we had was from other areas e.g. Emergency, ICU, NICU, OR etc.?as far as i know there is no expiration for the HAAD exam but you cannot register for a permanent license if you don't have 2-yr MS experience and they dont acknowledge a volunteer experience. so, better look for a nursing job first before you take the exam. it would be a lot easier for you to process your license and get an overseas job as well.
Oh, and also occupational health (clinic/company nurse)? Would they count? thanks!
- 0Jan 6, '11 by rzl_30hello everyone! I would like to know if a job as Clinical instructor is a valid nursing experience? I have passed the HAAD exam but I am not sure if I can apply for a license.. I am currently a CI and I only had my hospital experience for 1 year and 2 months which was 4 years ago.
- 0Jan 28, '11 by sledcrnQuote from nezzyRNhi nezzy Rn does it have to be exclusively MS experience? i only have dialysis experiene for 2 years would that also count? please reply thanks :)as far as i know there is no expiration for the HAAD exam but you cannot register for a permanent license if you don't have 2-yr MS experience and they dont acknowledge a volunteer experience. so, better look for a nursing job first before you take the exam. it would be a lot easier for you to process your license and get an overseas job as well.
- 0Aug 14, '11 by spellmanelHi nezzyRN!
Sorry to bother you but I have to ask you something and I think you're the best person who can answer my queries.
I passed the philippine board exam last 2010. My friend told me that no requirements are needed as long as you're already an RN but then when I searched through google, it was stated that you need to have 2 years clinical experience. I don't have hospital experience yet but I already paid the $90 registration and scheduled my exam before knowing this. Can I still take the exam and apply/register for my license after 2 years? The certificate that I will receive whenever I pass the exam will be valid until when? I hope to hear from you pretty soon. I have my exam scheduled on the 8th of September. Thank you so much!
- 0May 3, '12 by shahukochuhello.....!!! i just completed bsc nursing & 6 months internship in OBG ward in india....... i would like to know
1 whether i can apply for haad?
2 when can i apply for haad?
3 is it necessary to have more than 6 months exp?
now i am in UAE under father's visa...... plz do reply......help me..... thanx!!!!!!
- 0May 3, '12 by DinxI will also would like share some of my understanding about HAAD-RN exam. I passed my HAAD-RN exam last 2010 so Im not quite updated about it. Anyway, there are not much requirements in taking the exam, all you need to be is a Registered Nurse period. The exam is quite easy compared to NLE and NCLEX, I didnt even have a proper preparation upon taking the exam, I just used the saunders Q&A CD, so not much to worry in passing the exam, it is just 150 items in a 3 hour period time frame, it is a computer-based exam just like NCLEX. Upon finishing the exam, the result will be available right away. Also in registering for the exam, all you need to do is to make a schedule online at pearsonvue website.
Passing the HAAD-RN exam does not qualify you to have automatic license. This is the point where the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi will require you to have at least hospital experience once you will process your license through the HAAD Data Flow.Im not sure for the number of years experience, but before it was at least 1 year MS and another year in any area. They need to verify so many things about you being a BSN graduate, a Registered Nurse and experienced RN as well. Also, you need to have an employer in Abi Dhabi who will sponsor for your HAAD Data Flow because your license is specific for that employer only. I had the chance to start with the processing of my Data Flow when I was hired by Al Rabah Hospital and they paid my Data Flow as my employer, the Data Flow verification takes at least 6-10 months to be done (maybe more) and it happened that I was also hired by Kuwait MOH and the deployment catches up before my data flow was done, so here I am now in Kuwait and did not bother to follow-up about my HAAD anymore.
So for the many inqueries here, sitting for the HAAD-RN exam is just as simple as ABC, but getting the HAAD license after passing the exam is another story. Also, most hirings for Abu Dhabi requires you to be a HAAD-RN passer, so this must be the first step to take to have an employer,but if you don't have the required number of years experience, it would be nothing since you cannot process your license and most probably you cannot have an employer in Abu Dhabi without experience.
Hope this Helps....