UW Madison New Grad phone interview - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 5 by al_e135I called and asked the human resources office and then they connected me to the woman actually in charge of the Nurse Residency Program. She told me on Friday that she was starting to call people but she wouldn't be done until the end of this week. And I asked specifically if we would know either way and she said you would get an email if you were not selected. Now that I know to expect an answer this week it's driving me crazy! I'm scared to check my email haha Let me know if you hear anything! Hopefully we'll both have good news soon
- Mar 5 by niunurse13Haha yeah since you wrote that I have been thinking about it non-stop!! It seems like such a good opportunity! Good luck to you!!! What department was your interview with?? Mine was with the Emergency Department! I wonder if they don't select you for one department if they refer you to your other top choices?
- Mar 6 by lolamarieI have a few friends who got offered positions last week (in TLC, ED, PACU, Peds, and oncology) but I am still waiting on a call or email. Lots of other people havent heard anything either.
- Mar 6 by al_e135This is driving me crazy! Did either of you have contact with your manager since your interview? It was so long ago and because I'm paranoid it makes me think they somehow forgot about my interview and if they liked me or not haha Do you know how late they interviewed? My interview was the second week of January so it makes me wonder how many people they interviewed for each spot available.
- Mar 6 by niunurse13I sent a thank you letter to my nurse manager after my interview in January, called and left her a voicemail with my updated leadership clinical location (in the ED, which was relevant to my interview with the ED) and then sent an updated resume and cover letter not too long ago. But since you said that one of your friends was already offered a position in the ED, it makes me think that I wasn't selected! I would think they would do all of the positions for the unit at one time, right?
- Mar 7 by lolamarieI work at the hospital so I've seen my manager a few times but she doesn't discuss the residency and I am not completely comfortable asking. I think you can really expect anything at this point, a phone call or an email. Some people had interviews the third week in January, that I know of. And I know some great candidates who I can't imagine not getting hired who haven't heard anything. Seems like a waiting game now!
- Mar 13 by AmistadHave you guys heard back yet? I hope I at least get an email if I wasn't selected.
- Mar 15 by lolamarieI got called last Thursday with an offer for a job. I know someone who got called yesterday with a no.