Spokane Community College Waitlist??? - Page 6Register Today!
- Jul 17, '10 by dallet6Spring 2011? I thought there were 200 people on the waitlist right now. When I went on the waitlist at the end of spring quarter 2009 they put Spring 2010, I got in but most that finished that quarter with me didn't make it up to the top of the list and are starting in Fall. Since they are only take 50 in Fall, those came from the applicants that applied Spring 2009 and Summer 2009. Based on the numbers I've seen maybe not even all of the summer applicants got in. So, you'll have the rest of Summer '09, Fall '09 and Winter '10 applicants ahead of you on the list for next spring entry. I don't mean to sound like a downer, I just wanted to kind of "Put out there" what the numbers are looking like right now.
Tarapie-I was going to give you the link to the nursing program prereq page, but I havn't been able to get into the SCC webpage all day. The basic ones are what slemon said, I'd call and make an appointment for a fall counseling session with Amy or Georgianna. They will get your paperwork set up to start the "prenursing" courses.
- Jul 21, '10 by ArishaJust letting everyone know that I received an email that one more person dropped off the program list for this Fall.
- Jul 21, '10 by ArishaDoes anybody know the easiest way to get a CPR card here on campus or in Spokane if getting it on campus isn't possible?
- Jul 22, '10 by BarnOwlArisha,
Thanks for letting us know that the list had moved a little. I'm now one step closer to getting in. Anticipating starting Spring 2011. Maybe we will start together?
- Jul 24, '10 by Student MikeArisha,
Here is some info on the CPR class that the nursing club is providing:
For those of you interested in a CPR renewal class, the signup for the class will be Monday, July 26th from 1100-2:00 in front of the display cases in building 9. Bring $16.00 in cash to signup for the class. You will receive a book and a handout to review and bring with you to the class. The class is Monday, August 2nd either from 1-2:30 or 3:00-4:30 at SCC room 122. You will receive a Health Care Provider card by the end of the quarter and a copy of the card will be placed in your clinical file. If you don't return the book, you won't receive a card so remember to bring the book with you to the renewal class. If you have any questions speak with myself or Colleen Perkins, the Nursing Club president.
I hope this is helpful.
Si Vis Pacem, Parabellum
- Jul 28, '10 by ArishaStudent Mike,
Thanks for the info.
- Jul 31, '10 by theniknikdoes anyone know if there is a SCC student forum that also has this kinda of information about the nursing program and waitlists and such?
- Aug 4, '10 by ArishaLast qaurter I heard a rumor that they let students who are close on the waitlist, sit in on classes just incase someone's can't make the grades or has absences that prevent them from continueing the program.
has anyone heard anything about this?
- Aug 4, '10 by BarnOwlI haven't heard of this before. I was told that they will take people from the waitlist only until the first day of class. Seems like it would make sense though for at least a couple from the waitlist to be allowed to sit in at least for the first week. I'm sure there are those who drop soon after start. What number are you now?
- Aug 5, '10 by dallet6I never heard of this and I've never seen anyone in class who wasn't in the program. As far as absences and grades go, by the time they knew if someone flunked for that the quarter would be half over at least. We only lost 2 that I know of first quarter and there fate wasn't decided until the last day of the class. If we lose any this quarter I believe that won't be found out till the end when grades come in as well.