Seattle University APNI - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 2, '09 by APNIStudenti propose an informal get-together, next monday evening, 6:30pm at, um, tryin gto think of somewhere on the hill that has food and maybe a happy hour for anyone who wants a drink or cheap snacks, is big enough to meet a few or a more people... the elysian brewery? [color=#cc0033]1221 e pike st. seattle, wa 98122 206.860.1920. unless someone has a better idea or a better time that works for them...
i just had to. the emoticons on this site are killing me.
- Apr 2, '09 by jeccagoldHi everybody!
I live a few blocks away from Northgate mall, so I can go anywhere for our Seattle-area meet and greet! Though it seems like a lot of people are in the north end...
I was thinking that we might be able to meet around the UVillage or Wallingford/Greenlake area. Something easy and informal like The Ram? That way we can have food and drinks (and parking) at our disposal. =)
Let me know how that works for everyone! Maybe when we get plans finalized we can let Sabrina know so she can send out and email to the rest of our cohort.
I'm posting from my phone and am having issues so I hope this makes sense!
- Oooh.. nice suggestion Jessica! I'm in
- Apr 2, '09 by APNIStudentPersonally, I'm coming from the south end, was thinking that near campus was the middle, but can do north seattle this once if that's better for everyone else....
- I'm alright with any location, I work in Harborview right now, so both locations would be dandy :-)
- Apr 2, '09 by avbc830If the Ram in the U District works, they do have that little room there...not sure if we could request that...
- Does anyone know anything about the transition from MSN to DNP? I know that it is going to be required until 2015, but what does this mean for us MSN, ARNP's? This is a factor in our field that semi-frightens me.
- Apr 2, '09 by Dana-APNIHi all. I am SO glad someone set this up and am looking forward to meeting everyone. Unfortunately, I live in Spokane right now and will miss happy hour next week. I am in the process of moving to Seattle over the next couple of months (my husband already lives in the Central District and works downtown) so I would love a future opportunity to meet everyone if you all decide to get together again before the orientation in June.
I have been accepted into the GNP tract and am also curious about the status of SU's DNP program, or what other options we'll have once we complete the APNI. I know we're all going to be exhausted by the end of this round but am not really sure I'll want to wait to return to school to complete a doctorate after taking a long break. I'd love to hear if anyone else knows what SU is working on, what the DNP requirements will be and what other options we'll have.
Congrats to everyone on getting accepted and I look forward to meeting you all!
- Apr 2, '09 by Mike_DHi all--
My name is Mike and I'm also in the Psych track. I moved to Seattle about a year and a half ago and am excited to start the program.
--MikeLast edit by jb2u on Apr 10, '09 : Reason: Removing link to facebook. TOS Violation
- Apr 2, '09 by Mike_DKarla: My understanding of this is that programs will be shifting from Masters of Nursing to Doctorates, but licensure will not be be changed at that point. I would imagine there will be some sort of grandfather clause for existing NPs or at least an extension for current NPs to get an advanced degree.
Considering that there's already a nursing shortage, it seems like it would be impossible/unlikely to invalidate the licenses of current skilled practitioners.
Does anyone else know more?