Seattle University APNI - page 2
by jeomoz 24,535 Views | 139 Comments
I just got accepted to Seattle University's APNI program and was wondering if any of my fellow future classmates were interested in starting a thread of our own. We are about to embark on an amazing, stressful and exciting... Read More
- 1Apr 1, '09 by kgroThanks for starting this thread! I am going into the LCN track, and I'm already here in Seattle.
The post above mine with housing recommendations is great, and I have a couple of tips of my own. The rental market in Seattle has been very tight in the last few years (though I hear it's loosened up quite a bit recently) with places being taken within hours of craigslist ads or for rent signs being posted. The best days to find traditional apartment rentals are the 10th-12th of the month, since people have to give their vacate notice by the 10th. Living on Capitol Hill or in the Central District is very fun, but if you plan to commute by car anyway the outlying neighborhoods are also lovely. SU itself is in a great location, right at the crossroads of 4 distinct neighborhoods. Good luck!
I'm excited to meet everyone, and very excited to start this program!
- 0Apr 1, '09 by HarteHi. I'm in the FNP track starting this June. Thanks for starting the thread, it will be good to (sort of) get to know people before June. I lived in Seattle for 5 years and have been in Portland for the past 2.5. I can't wait to get back! I'm going to be looking for apts in Capital Hill, Central District, Madison, Madrona, Eastlake and probably Queen Anne. I know QA seems far, but when I looked at the bus website, you can get to SU without transferring, which is pretty nice.
I'm so eager to start, I feel like I've been planning forever. But, I still need to make it through Statistics and Psych 101!
Looking forward to meeting everyone,
- 0Apr 1, '09 by jeccagoldHi everyone! Thanks to jeomoz for starting this! My name is Jessica and I'm in the FNP track. Born and raised in Seattle (been here all my life), went to both elementary and high school on Cap Hill, and got my BA from UW.
Like Anne, I've still got a couple pre-reqs to go through (Math 102 and Psych 101) before we start in June, but I'm really excited to meet you all (be it on the web or in real life)!
Take care and let me know if you guys ever want to get together to have our own face-to-face meet and greet before orientation!
- 0Apr 2, '09 by jeomozWow! Thanks for all the info. It is much appreciated. Now I'll have more options when searching on Craigslist.
Hey twinkletoes did you decide on a program? I seem to remember you were waiting to hear from a couple other schools.
Really looking forward to meeting everyone too! I see there's already a meet-and-greet in the works. Hopefully we'll be able to plan something again closer to June. That's when I'm hoping to be there You'll have to have a pint for me. Have a wonderful time!
- 0Apr 2, '09 by avbc830I would be free next week some evening too!
I currently live in the Northgate/North Seattle area and really like it. For those of you looking for a new neighborhood, it's close to the mall, Target, Best Buy, etc, grocery stores, restaurants, right off of I-5, and there is a transit center with buses for everywhere. The apts go for between $800 to $1000 for a 1 bdrm.
I'm currently taking Dev. Psych as my UW credits didn't transfer over. :smackingf Oh, and my name is Rebekah.
- 0Apr 2, '09 by ksc2004Hello Fellow APNI Students! Congratulations to everyone!!! My name is Karla and I just graduated from the UW this quarter. I am in the Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Track and SUPER excited to start. I will be a commuter next year (driving from Everett to Seattle), hence if anyone will be doing the same perhaps we can carpool :-)
I am also free after work (5:00pm).
- 0Apr 2, '09 by apni2009Hi everyone. I'm in the Psych/Addictions track. I've lived in the Seattle area all of my life. I currently live in Shoreline (for those of you not local, a city just north of Seattle). I must be pretty close to you, Rebekah- I'm only a 10 minute drive from Northgate.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!