Pacific Lutheran University (BSN 2013) - Page 9Register Today!
- Jul 24 by BlessedinBLHi everyone! I just got my acceptance letter today for Spring 2014! I'm so excited. Can't wait to start!
- Jul 29 by mc0306BlessedinBL,
CONGRATS! I am also starting in the Spring. Would be nice to know who I am taking classes with before hand. I am transferring from pierce college. Are you from the area also?
- Jul 31 by BlessedinBLAwesome I just tried to pm you but I guess you can't unless you make 15 posts. I'm transferring from TCC. I got my Pre-Nursing Transfer degree in March. Needless to say, I'm enjoying the break! I'm 29, live in Bonney Lake and I'm super excited that I got accepted. It's the only place that I applied. What about you?
- Aug 13 by devliaIs anyone considering getting ebooks instead of traditional textbooks? A lot of the books we need are available in that format, and I was wondering if anyone has used ebooks for their textbooks before . . . I'm so used to having a physical book to study from that I think it would be hard to work from an electronic book. I just think it would be nice to not have to lug around so many books!
Also, is anyone considering getting the optional textbooks?Last edit by devlia on Aug 13
- Aug 15 by sarah.b2024@delvia... I personally hate ebooks for school. I've tried using them before and for a simple novel for a good read or English class they are great! Unfortunately though they are extremely difficult to use if you need to flip through and find a specific topic, use two chapters at once, or are at all a visual learner. Just imagine trying to use the ebook while doing an end of chapter review and trying to "flip" through the chapter to find the answers. Sucky. Anywho... just my two cents... I'll be going with actual books for all 3 years. It may be heavy, but it will save my sanity.
- Aug 15 by sarah.b2024Oh and I will be getting the medical dictionary and drug calculations books.
- Aug 17 by devliaI decided the same, too. I went ahead and got hardcopies of all our texts and bought the optional texts. I figure the optional texts are something that will help me out in one way or another.
On an another note, is anyone doing anything to get ready for class? I've been getting organized and trying to put things into order around the house. I think I might dive into some of our textbooks before class starts, too.
- Aug 21 by JenEvansI was moved to the fall 2013 cohort! I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up for coffee before school starts? It would be nice to get to know some of my cohort before classes start. I know there are only a few weeks left, but thought I would throw it out there.