lay offsRegister Today!
- by tokmom Aug 26, '11I heard that both Overlake and Evergreen are laying off. Has anyone else heard this? Tonight on Kiro news, they said that a 100 lay offs were happening, but I missed where.
This is scary.
- Aug 27, '11 by tokmomWhich hospital? Are nurses being laid off?
- Aug 29, '11 by tokmomQuote from sail2boat2002What hospital is this? I have never heard of it. I googled and I saw either Olympia or Vancouver.Sisters of Providence just laid off 100 people. No specifics on whether or not any nurses were laid off. Kinda depressing for someone like me who is still in school
Hopefully the nurses will be spared.
- Aug 29, '11 by CCL RNEvergreen just layed off 90 a few weeks back and is now asking for people to take pto days..
- Aug 30, '11 by tokmomQuote from CCL RNAre they that overstaffed to where they can tell nurses to take PTO days? We have one person call in sick and it throws the entire floor in a panic.Evergreen just layed off 90 a few weeks back and is now asking for people to take pto days..
Is this nurses as well or management/office?
- Aug 30, '11 by CCL RNDunno? Think just salaried people this stage, but another stage is coming in a few more months...
- Sep 2, '11 by tokmomQuote from R*Star*RNThat is scary. It this a large hospital? That is a lot of people! Why would anyone take a voluntary lay off? It's not like there are a lot of jobs out there. I'd be hanging on the door jamb screaming as they pried my fingers off.Prov SW WA is laying off managers, about 100 people took a voluntary layoff with bonus pay, and about 100 more people will be laid off involuntarily. This does include nurses.