Washington Hospital Center Residency February 2011 COHORT - page 8
Hello everyone I wanted to start a separate thread for people interviewing for the February 2011 Residency, I just got the e-mail a couple of minutes ago saying that I will be interviewing in December 16, I graduated in May and... Read More
- 0Feb 1, '11 by kmjrnHey Everyone,
I am really lost. I can't understand why I am not getting any interviews. I have applied to 15 different places including expanding out to Baltimore. I have passed my boards, graduated with honors, and am fluent in Spanish. Can anyone tell me how they distinguished themselves to get interviews or maybe what I am doing wrong? Thank you!
- 0Feb 2, '11 by ashnemI had my interview today for the Residency program and got to interview with my third choice-cardiac. It was pretty intense but I felt like I did well. Alot of clinical senario questions. There was a last minute change of venue from the True auditorium to the HR office. It was crowded and HOT! About 30 people there. We interviewed first with HR and then the Cardiac nurse mngr came over to interview me as well. I never got to tour the unit, like many of you described in previous posts. I don't think anyone did. I would love to hear about the cardiac unit (4NE?) if anyone out there got to see it and what your impressions were. Also, does anyone know what the ratio of interviewees to actual hires is? Thanks, I look forward to (hopefully) meeting you all soon!
- 0Feb 2, '11 by geminidiamondI interviewed today! I was able to tour the unit and talk to really nice nurses that work there. I think it was left up to the nurse mgr to take you up. I wonder when they will do notifications. 2 weeks isn't much time to get prepared. I hope they let everyone know tomorrow. The hospital and the staff were much nicer than I expected. I'm now hoping that I do get selected!! The clinical questions caught me off guard but I think I did well. Also, someone told me there were about 200 apps for the last class, with 120 selected.... And it was super hot
- 0Feb 3, '11 by ashnemJust got a call and accepted a position on 4NE (medical cardiology)! The HR person seemed concerned that I wasn't sitting for the NCLEX until the 12th. She said that MD sometimes takes a while to post lic numbers and that might hold me up. I just moved my test date up to the 9th to have more time to get a DC lic. Scared/excited/overwhelmed!
- 0Feb 4, '11 by Jaelle625Quote from geminidiamondI'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything Ugh! Waiting is torture! LOL. Good luck!Congrats!
Just keep doing test questions until the day before and have a rest. You will do fine.
I still havn't heard anything. I'm hoping they are doing this alphabetically and I'm at the end. :uhoh21:
Congrats Ashnem!! So exciting!!
- 0Feb 4, '11 by ashnemI really hope you guys hear something soon! I was fanatic about checking my email all day on Thurs and when I got a call w/ a 202 area code my heart was racing. I can't imagine another whole day (or weekend) waiting in torture! I really wish you the best of luck and hope that we will all be together on the 22nd!