Washington DC RN Salary??Register Today!
- by bisson Oct 12, '12We're looking to move to DC metro area, whats a realistic pay for full time/ per diem RN ( 4+ yrs experience in Tele/ Stepdown )
also, im open to advice on good hospitals in the VA/ DC/ MD area, I know about GW and INOVA but what about others to consider.
- Feb 5 by exclusivelynursesSalary.com Salary Wizard- Do you know what you're worth?
Link above should be good for helping with a salary range in the area.
Suburban and Shady Grove are great hospitals in Montgomery County, MD.
- Feb 5 by Avenger1I am interested as well. There's always a lot of talk about new grad pay but what about experienced per diem?
- Feb 5 by ChristineNQuote from Avenger1Experience per diem pay in the D.C area will be $35-$50/hr. The lower end of that I have seen more outside D.C (i.e. Virginia) and the higher end at hospitals inside the DistrictI am interested as well. There's always a lot of talk about new grad pay but what about experienced per diem?
- Feb 20 by FerRNGoogle the Union contract between the nurses and whc, on the last pages it gives you the salary range for whc according to experience level, which probably translates to all medstar facilities. DC does not pay as well as you think for full time RNs. I only make $7 hr more than I did as a new grad in FL. I have contacted an agency for a specific long term contract and the rate is $42 an hour. Quite a jump from full time wages. Stick with per diem or agency, unless you need the insurance.