Switching from a MD license to a DC license - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 13, '11 by cuperctar1I think the NURSY( verification system) takes care of our license, so one shouldn't have to bring one. Maryland said they didn't even send paper license anymore, they sent me a certificate...
- Feb 13, '11 by tgary08OK...yeah I got the same thing. Welp fingers crossed that tomorrow goes smoothly and we can walk out there tomorrow with a temporary DC license!
- Feb 14, '11 by cuperctar1Hey,
Everything went smoothly. The only thing I would add is to bring the printed confirmation of your NURSYS (verification). She took the copy I had, but I don't think its required. It was a smooth and quick process. I was also able to get my finger printing done. I got there about 10:30 and was done with BON and fingerprinting by Noon. I drove to each place and had to find parking and then walk.
- Feb 14, '11 by ashnemThanks for the info. I am glad it went smoothly for you. Still not on NURSYS Left another message for Ms. Frisby and I am currently on hold to try to talk with a person from MD BON! 31 minutes so far...
- Feb 14, '11 by tgary08All completed! Very quick and easy process compared to everything else we have been through. I even lucked up with finding parking at each place! It took me about 2 hours including dropping everything off at WHC. So glad that's over with.
Ashnem: I hope everything works out for you. I would call every number listed.
- Feb 15, '11 by ashnemI spent hours doing that. Left messages for Frisby, all the IT guys... I talked to one person who said "up to 7-10 business days". So frustrated...
- Feb 15, '11 by tgary08OMG!!! I hate MBON. Why couldn't they just submit your name to Nursys the same time they did ours? Have you talked to WHC about your situation?
- Apr 8, '12 by matrix12Quote from tgary08how did you et your temporary license I need one by april 16 is it too late for me?Ashnem Im in the same situation as you with needing my license switched over ASAP after taking the NCLEX next week. I test on 2/2 and need a DC license by 2/15. I called the DC BON and I was told that we would need to be re-fingerprinted in DC (waste of money, I know). The total cost for endorsment in DC will cost $310 which includes $30 fee to use an online verification system. They will issue us a temporary license that will alow us to work until the results of our background check come through. Hope this helped somewhat.
- Apr 9, '12 by fashionistaRNGo to the DCBON. Everything is better to do in person.
- Apr 9, '12 by fashionistaRNMost time if you get everything done on that day, they can give you a temp license the same day you go there.