Information on Washington DC hospitals - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 6, '07 by RNNPICUCHildren's is great (CNMC), pay is good, in 06 the starting rate was $25/hr, the internship program for new grads is good. I did PICU and the training was excellent. The new wing of the hospital is opening shortly , lots of new hight tech equipment, good staff, but depends on the unit
- Nov 7, '07 by PEDSVAHow is the pay @ Children's for someone with experience? What do you know about the working conditions in their CICU ?
- Nov 8, '07 by RNNPICUYou would have to contact Nurse recruitment for RN pay with experience. The CICU is also great.
- Nov 13, '07 by jewels785I also work at Children's as a new grad and i absolutely love it here! The staff is so great and the new east tower building looks awesome. I can't wait until all the units move into the new tower. I think children's is a great place to start b/c their new grad programs for all the units are well designed. There are always a lot of experienced nurses around for support. Pay is also good compared to maryland hospitals. the only downside is the tuition reimbursement isn't as much as WHC (next door).
- Nov 26, '07 by cannew22What units at Children's aren't so good? I'm looking at taking a job there (not as a new grad), and am interested in PICU or heme/onc. Any thoughts?
Other questions about Children's - what about parking? Is it available nights and weekends if not during the day?
- Dec 6, '07 by PEDSVAHow is the commute to childrens in evening/nights from northern va ? Do you feel safe coming and going ? Is Georgetown any easier to reach ?
- Feb 29, '08 by joshboroanyone know the childrens shift diffs. are there weekend-nights?? thanks for your replys
- Feb 29, '08 by RNNPICUFor the 7p-7a shift it is base +25% base. The night shift duirng the week is base +15%base. These are based on the 7p-7a shifts