Georgetown Accelerated BSN hopefuls -- fall 2013 - page 3
by ersoch 35,193 Views | 271 Comments
Hey -- anyone else applying to GU Fall of 2013? :)... Read More
- 0Feb 8, '13 by mnelliganHey everyone! I applied for the Fall 2013 semester as well!
I was told that the average interview is around 5 minutes but longer is certainly fine. As for the GPA, mine hasn't processed yet either but I'm glad that just isn't my fault!
So I know the application checklist/guidelines mentioned we will hear about admittance by the beginning of April. Does anyone know if that holds true this semester? And do we know if we will get an email?? Or will it be snail mail? If its the latter, I will be running home each day
Best of luck to all of you!!!
- 0Feb 9, '13 by ShanghaiGirlThat e-mail confused me a bit. It said selected applicants are invited to a campus visit; does that mean that if you're not selected for the visit you already know you won't get accepted to the program? Admissions told me earlier that the visit days are in March, so it would seem that we would know by the end of February whether or not we have a real shot at getting in.
- 0Feb 11, '13 by nickrigaYeah, that's my impression as well. Those selected = invited to campus visit.
I also heard that there are no in-person interviews unless you're applying for the WHC scholarship. The video of yourself serves as the "interview" - is this true? Still no GPA calculation on my end, btw.
- 0Feb 11, '13 by BRE5013Nothing shows up when I click on my GPA section either! And of course whenever you call NursingCAS you have to wait forever to talk to someone and then they don't know what to tell you anyway!
My video interview I did was only three minutes and I was talking so fast to fit it in because I thought it had to be shorter. I feel like we didn't really have any information or guidance on that portion of the application!
I applied to Georgetown's program as a backup originally because I didn't think that they still offered the scholarship. Of course as soon as I submitted my application I realized that they do still offer it so now I am nervous, as I didn't really put my best effort forth on the application or video.
From other threads that I read, it seems like there really isn't a one-on-one interview for Georgetown besides the video we record. Does anybody know if our application is still submitted without the GPA? The e-mail confirmation that Georgetown sent out was kind of vague..Last edit by BRE5013 on Feb 11, '13
- 1Feb 11, '13 by nickrigaMine says "There is no information to display." That said, I don't think we need to worry much about their GPA calculation system, or lack thereof. As long as your recommendations, transcripts, video, and personal statements are submitted in time, you will be in good shape. The rest is out of our hands!