Georgetown Accelerated BSN hopefuls -- fall 2013 - page 24
30,812 Unique Views | 271 Comments
Hey -- anyone else applying to GU Fall of 2013? :)... Read More
- 0May 28, '13 by shayjackson11Valval1908, you should definitely feel encouraged because I was told by Admissions that only the accepted students would be asked to apply for the scholarship. Maybe you will get your acceptance letter and the scholarship offer at the same time. Since I haven't heard anything since applying, I am starting to feel like I won't be selected. I called again last week and was told that decisions would be out by last Friday. Since it is a new week after the holiday, I am pretty confident that we will hear something this week. Good luck!
- 0May 28, '13 by valval1908Hi shayjackson11, I emailed admissions on Wednesday of last week and was told that decisions would been sent out this week. I figured the holiday would get in the way as it did. That's a first for me - I never heard that only accepted students would be asked to apply for the scholarship. Until I know something definitely, I will not get my hopes up too high. Still biting my nails... Have you or will you apply to other schools?
- 0May 30, '13 by shayjackson11Valval1908 I am going to apply to UVA and VCU...they both only accept applicants once a year and the programs start each May. I would definitely prefer Georgetown over those two, however, the good thing about UVA is that it's a MSN program and you have the option of getting licensed as a Clinical Nurse Leader upon graduation. Also their clinicals are one on one opposed to a group setting throughout the program. I really don't want to wait until next May to start nursing school. Are you going to apply to any other schools? I am in Richmond VA and there aren't many options for 2nd degree nursing programs.
- 0May 31, '13 by valval1908Mokykla- I got my acceptance letter today as well!! I am so excited! Congrats to you too! Shayjackson11 good luck applying elsewhere. Hope you hear something from GU soon. I still need to hear about the scholarship. Without it, all of this is still up in the air for me at this moment.
- 0Jun 3, '13 by valval1908mokykla - Not sure you if you have joined yet, but there is a facebook group setup for the incoming class. I have to remain incognito until I can give my supervisors my resignation notice (which I am dying to do every second a get am email from my sup . Unfortunately I have to wait until late July for the big reveal. Only close family and friends know about my acceptance at this point. I monitor the fb page frequently, and the group is very helpful and everyone seems nice and excited. I can't want to shout all of this good news to the top of my lungs!!!