Georgetown Accelerated BSN hopefuls -- fall 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 31 by oh191Hey everyone! I am also applying for the program! I submitted my application about a week and a half ago and it is still being processed by NursingCAS. Is anyone still completing pre reqs? I have a few to take over the summer if I am admitted.
- Jan 31 by ersochI have a few to complete as well. I'm taking A & P, stats, nutrition, ethics, and human growth and development this semester. I don't need all of those in order to reach the minimum they require, but if I get in, I want ot have as much room in my schedule as possible.
- Jan 31 by nickrigaI have three remaining prereqs that I'll have to take this summer: Microbiology, Stats, and Chemistry. Besides those (which are crucial), all others are on the books! Anyone have any idea when we should hear back from admissions for interviews? Also, are you aiming for the WHC scholarship?
- Feb 1 by ersochI was under the impression the scholarship wasn't offered anymore. Is this not the case?
- Feb 1 by nickrigaOh, I'm not sure! Maybe you're right. I guess we'll find out.
- Feb 1 by ersochI have a friend who goes there and she told me it was discontinued. I haven't heard anything about it being renewed, but that would be wonderful!
- Feb 4 by ShanghaiGirlRe: the interview time, I saw somewhere on the FAQs of the site that does the video interviews that the maximum time is 4:00. It still recorded beyond four minutes, which confused me, but I kept it to four minutes just in case. In retrospect Georgetown probably would have indicated in their materials that it had to be so short, and they didn't, so mine was probably too short. Anyway, no word back on interviews yet. Admissions said selected applicants will be invited to campus visit days that take place in March, so I'm assuming we will hear back this month! I hope that me and my fingernails will be able to make it through the next four weeks!
- Feb 4 by amc074Hey guys,
I was accepted last semester and ended up choosing a different school, but I saw this thread and just wanted to let you know they do still offer the WHC scholarship. You'll eventually get an email to apply for it (I don't remember when exactly), and then you email an essay to the coordinator at WHC. If you choose to apply for WHC you go to an information session and then meet and greet (which was a wine and cheese party for us haha) on Friday at GU with everyone and then Saturday you take a tour of WHC and do your interview with all of the other people who applied to WHC.
- Feb 5 by nickrigaThanks for the update, amc. Much appreciated!
- Feb 8 by oh191Anyone else still not have a GPA calculated from NursingCAS? I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago but still no change to the status.