What to do?....Marymount or Catholic University
- 0Apr 22, '11 by DanniedHello All,
I was just accepted to both Marymount University and Catholic University. The ranking between both is a huge gap, the cost of attendance is not that much of a huge difference. I have heard that both programs are challenging (have heard Catholic is very challenging).
Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about either or both programs?
- 0May 2, '11 by silent_rhapsodyHi Dannie!
I am currently a student at Marymount, so my response may be biased and I cannot speak on Catholic U. The program is intense, but very doable. I'm not sure if you plan on working while you are in school, but it is not advised. I know a few ladies who work full-time, some part-time, and all are doing well, however I'm not entirely sure of their social support.
What do you mean by the ranking is a huge gap.
Good luck with your decision!
- 0May 2, '11 by DanniedThank you for our reply....and I chose Marymount :-)
When I say the Ranking, I meant the US Schools National Rankings Catholic University is somewhere around 60 where Marymount is somewhere around 190 as far as Nursing programs.
CUA - http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...america-131283
MU - http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...versity-232706
- 0Aug 27, '11 by blessed87Quote from silent_rhapsodyHello!Ok, I understand. Did you apply for your BSN or MSN? I took a look at the links and it seems they were graduate programs. I'm only speaking from the perspective of the accelerated BSN program.
I was wondering how long did it take to complete the acc program at Marymount. Was it 16months including the summer?
- 1Oct 8, '11 by windsurfer8You can forget those rankings. All that matters is do you have a license. No employer is going to hire you if you went to Catholic over MU. If you are smart, hard worker, and reliable...then you will be good to go. I graduated 5 years ago from Marymount and have worked non stop since then. No one ever asks (or cares) where I went to nursing school. They care that I am VERY careful when dispensing medications. I show up for work. I don't gossip. I can be trusted and counted on. So..I would pick a school based on what is best for you.