Virginia/virginia Beach nursing salaries - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 24, '07 by DignanKind of an off topic question but do any of you Va Beach nurses surf? If so what's the surf like down there?
- May 15, '07 by al7139The starting pay for new grads is $19.60/hr at Sentara. There is a shift diff of $8.00/hr if you work eves or $9.00/hr if you work nights. I don't know what an experienced RN would make starting off at Sentara. The other HC system here is Bon Secours, but if my clinicals were any indicator, I would not work for them for any amount of money. Also, the cost of living here is not that bad. Yes we are low on the pay scale, but living at the beach is so much fun!
- Jul 1, '07 by goldenscrollIf you take into acct the standard pay in the area though, $19.60 isnt bad at all. m y dh works for Northrop Grumman, and only over the past yr or so has gotten over $20 and is an apprentice grad...Plus with so many military, well SOL is not very high, at least on the peninsula. When I get out of school, I will be makign approx the avg salary for Newport News, and that includes people who have been working years...
FWIW...my dh supported me as a sahm, and our at teh tiem 2 kids, for less than startign rn salary. It looks like crap if you coem from areas such as MD, or Northern VA...you couldnt live off that up there. Dhs family is from there...but for this area, especially if its a 2 income family, $19.60 an hr starting is mroe than fair pay.
Now as far as pay increases, I have no clue how competitive those are...
- Oct 5, '07 by GOOD SAMARITANWondering If You Made That Move To Virginia? If So How's Everthing Working Out? I'm Looking To Relocate Myself Do Share ?
- Oct 24, '07 by orthoQuote from Rplais9058I will be moving to Virginia Beach and I am interested in the salary ranges-I have 18 years of CCU/ICU experience and I am CCRN certified- any ideas? What about some specific recomendations for sentara hospitals? Also, any information on Hyperbaric nusing jobs would be greatly appreciated-Thanks
I SUGGEST YOR TRY CHESAPEAKE GENERAL HOSPITAL. WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE, YOU SHOULD MAKE A PRETTY GOOD SALARY! iM NOT SURE BUT I WOULD ASSUME THAT WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE, 35.00 @ MINIMUM PER HR. THE HOSPITAL IS PRIVATLY OWNED AND HAS GREAT INCENTIVES. CALL HR DEPT. IT.'S IN CHESAPEAKE, VA. I LIVE IN VA BEACH BUT IT ONLY TAKES 25 MIN. FOR ME.....GOOD LUCK
- Oct 24, '07 by shelukeJust want to say I do not know any nurse (regardless of experience) at any hospital in the VB/Norfolk/Chesapeake areas (which covers most area hospitals) that makes a base pay of 35.00 an hour!
Perhaps at the top of the scale, plus diff.? Or someone in management.
I just don't want anyone to get the idea that's the normal pay-it is most definitely not for the area.
- Oct 24, '07 by orthoHi, All I Know Is That I Make 25.00 Per Hour, After Not Nursing In 10 Yr. This Is 3-1130 Pm. With All Her Experience She Has To Be In A Much Higher Bracket. I Am An Rn With Not That Much Experience In Hospitals [4 Mo ] In The Past.
- Dec 30, '07 by TRINI_RNAny new info on salaries in the HR area? I'll be graduating in June, I'd like to know if there have been any salary increases.
- Dec 30, '07 by Alert&Orientedx0Hi Nursecadet,
I have the same question & some others. I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full:spin:
- Dec 30, '07 by del2009i heard that Sentara starts RN's off at $19.60 per hour plus $8 per hr shift differential for evenings and $9 for overnight. I dont know what they pay for weekends...