UVA RN New Graduate Nurse Residency Program 2013
- 0Feb 7, '13 by LauraJeanBHas anyone applied for the UVA RN New Graduate Nurse Residency Program?
Also, I applied back in December for it. Originally the application was due at the end of January, but now the website states that they extended the deadline to March 1st. Anyone who has applied in past years or this year know when we might be contacted?
- 0Feb 9, '13 by gunrockI started two years ago as a new grad. A few of my classmates / co-workers actually never got contacted by HR, but ended up driving to UVA and dropped their resumes off in person, one person got two interviews on the spot and was offered two positions that day. Not sure if this is still the case, but dropping off your resume in person got them interviews.
UVA is also in a tight budget crunch right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept pushing things back. Which unit are you applying to?
- 0Feb 14, '13 by jessie25Hi all,
to those who applied, did you graduate already? I called and they gave me the job numbers I can apply for but when I checked the job description it says "currently registered in the state of Virginia" The start dates are however July, august etc. I didn't ask HR about having a license or not because I figured the position would be for May grads. Any help would be appreciated.
- 0Feb 18, '13 by jessie25Thank you...I applied hopefully I get something...I am so nervous about the job market. My grades and experience are okay but still...I've known people who went to great schools had externships and still could not find a job!!! I am happy to be done but anxious about the job hunting process...@gunrock, did you apply to lots of places, out of state etc...
- 0Apr 3, '13 by gunrockI was pretty lucky. I sent out a few random applications early on and when I started to really look and apply I was offered a position at both places I interviewed. One offer was in state (MD) and the other at UVA.
The rumor is that we are under a hiring freeze and managers are being put in a position where they won't be able to replace nurses who leave. Sorry for the bad news. They are also really looking for BSN students since they are trying to get Magnet back.
I will say that I know multiple people that have had luck going to HR and dropping their resumes off in person.