Northern VA PayRegister Today!
- by short1978 Dec 24, '10I am an RN with 2 years experience looking for pay rates at Prince William Hospital in Manassas VA and also at Fauquier Hospital in Warrenton VA.
Would love to know the base pay and what the differentials are.
Do these hospitals have RN Unions? I looked online to see if I could find the local chapters. The hospital I work for in another state has a website for the union and I can pull up the pay scale on there. Was having trouble locating such information for the above VA hospitals.....maybe they do not have a union.
Thanks so much everyone !!
- Dec 26, '10 by cbcleHi there, neither of those hospitals are unionized. Anywhere in the Northern VA area, a new nurse can expect to make around $26 an hour with an average shift diff of $4 for nights, $4 for weekends. With a couple years of experience under your belt you can expect your base pay to be closer to $28. I think Fauquier might pay a little less though. $24/hr base pay? Just a guess. I know it's less than the Inova system.
- Dec 26, '10 by LunahRNInova's new grad pay was $25/hr in 2008, with shift differential on top of that. Not sure what it is now -- probably not much more.
- Dec 26, '10 by short1978Thanks for the response.....What is INOVA?
Does the pay typically increase by $1 per year of experience ? That is the way it is where I am currently at. Say 25 for new grad, 26 with 1 yr, 27 with 2 yr.....it does that until I think 10 years then it goes up every other year by 1.
- Dec 26, '10 by LunahRNInova.org -- large hospital system in the NoVA area.
- Jan 1, '11 by ChristineNI don't think ANY of the hospitals in NOVA are unionized. If you drove down to DC most of the hospitals in the city are unionized.
- Jan 6, '11 by cbcleI think the only one unionized in Virginia is the Kaiser system.